For performing arts executive directors, it's painful when thoughtful plans are met with resistance from the board. It's critical to attend meetings armed with data to tell the demonstrate progress and earn trust from your board. With effective planning, you'll reach your goals more quickly and cement your place as a visionary and leader.
What you'll learn in this guide
- Pre-planning - getting the board centered around your agenda
- Majors and minors - how to demonstrate progress (or lack thereof) on last quarter's goals
- Metrics matter - aggregating data that paint a picture of where you are headed
- Opportunities and obstacles - detail favorable changes or upcoming headwinds
- Closing with authority - defining future initiatives
Get the guide
Proper planning makes an effective board meeting.