Packages offer an easy way for customers to buy tickets to multiple events all at once. Having packages available for customers to purchase can save them time and money, therefore increasing your sales.
Creating packages is a fast and simple process. Following the guide on this page will result in you successfully completing a package.
Note: Creating, managing and editing packages assumes you are already well versed in creating events and standard ticket types for an event. If you need to find out more about creating events, visit our events guide.
To get started, head to the Events tab, located in the left-hand navigation menu to the left of the page, and click Package Manager.
Creating Packages for Reserved Seating Events
If your venue has assigned seating, you must request a seating chart from ThunderTix. You can submit a request for a seating chart build-out through your Account Settings tab. Once you have a seating chart associated with your account, you can create events with seating charts. Then, once you have events with assigned seating, you can create packages including these events.
When customers are buying these packages, they can then choose their assigned seats for all the events in the package. Thus, customers can get tickets to multiple events in one transaction. Follow the steps below to create these packages and continue reading the editing packages segment to find out how to price the package by seating sections.
Creating a Package
As you go about creating a package, you will go through these different sections shown below:
These sections are shown on the left side of the screen after clicking “Create Package”.
Follow the instructions under each section title below to make your open package, including all options and extras. All steps that are marked with a red asterisk are required.
- Enter the name of the package in the first input box (for example, "2015 Season Pass" or "Winter Package") *
- Enter a helpful description, in the second input box, that includes important event and package information. Typically, we suggest adding what events are included in this package.
- Click the "Choose File" button, located to the right of the package name. A new smaller window will open displaying files on your computer (this image will appear right next to the package description on the event list). Navigate to the image you wish to display, and click 'Open' to attach that file to the package.
- To continue, navigate to the next tab, Selection Method.
The Selection Method tab allows you to decide how patrons will select events included in the package.
The Pick Any method allows your patrons to select performance dates from any of the includued events.
- Select the radio button for Pick Any
- Enter in the minimum number of events they must select from
The Pick All method required patrons to select from all events included in the package.
- Select the radio button for Pick All
Note: If you wish to create a package in which a patron can select the performance dates of the included events, but must select a performance date from all events included in the package, select Pick All.
We'll load the available events to choose from with the listed performance dates underneath and the seating type to the right of the event name. Select all of the events that qualify for this package. If your full season is eight events and you want patrons to be able to pick any 5, select all eight events. The events you select will be displayed with the package for your patron to choose from when they purchase the partial season.
- If you wish to allow the patron to select a performance date from an event, click the box to the left of the event name. This event will be included in the package, allowing the patron to pick their preferred date and time.
- If you wish to pick a predetermined list of event dates and times, select the box next to the performance date and time below the event name.
If you see that a performance date is not available to include in the package, please double check the events ticket settings to ensure it is not a PWYC ticket, or that it does not have a capacity set on the ticket type.
- As a default, the Subscription method of ticket delivery is selected. This option will deliver the tickets immediately after the order is placed.
- Customize the top and bottom of your package email receipt. The wording entered here will replace the wording used (if any) on each individual event.
There are two ways you can price your package, either with a package discount, or a package ticket.
- Select Bundle Discount if you wish to apply a discount to the event tickets included in the package
- Enter either a set dollar amount or percentage to be taken off each ticket from the events
When selecting Bundle Discount, the reported revenue from this package will be tracked in the individual event reports
- Select Package Ticket if you wish to create ticket types for your package
- Create the ticket types, such as Adult Package, Child Package, etc.
- Click the checkbox for Taxable? if you want the ticket type to be taxed
- Enter a description for the package ticket
- Click Add Another Ticket to create another ticket type
When selecting Package Ticket, the reported revenue from this package will be tracked for the package. To view all orders for packages containing a pacakge ticket, simply click View Orders below the package name from your Package Manager page
- An expiration date for the package is an optional feature, but suggested. Often used to set the package to expire just before the date of the first event
- If you want this package to be visible to anyone, click the first checkbox next to the associated text.
- If you would like to be able to receive donations from customers when they purchase this package, switch the toggle for "Would you like to accept donations with this package?
- Select from the list of campaigns you wish to be available to donate to during the package purchase and customize your donation text.
- Select a survey from the drop-down menu to appear during the ticket selection process
Create shipping options to allow patrons to print their tickets at home, or pick them up at the box office.
Editing or deleting packages is made simple on our website.
To edit any of the features of your packages, you must be on the Package Manager page. Then, you must click on the “Edit” text which appears under each package name in orange.
Once you’ve clicked on edit, you will be taken to the Package Basics tab. On this page, you can edit package details or click on one of the tabs to edit the other package settings.
Managing ticket prices by section
- If you have a seating chart and want to set prices for the packages based on sections, then you must click on the Pricing tab.
- Click on the "Manage Prices by Section" button.
- Click Manage Price by Section
- Your sections will pop up and you must go through each section to change its pricing.
If you do make any changes, make sure to click on the “Finish” button, located at the bottom of the page.
- To delete a package, head to the Package Manager page
- Click the orange trash can under the package name
- The package will be deleted if there have not been any packages sold
- If the package does have orders, click Edit on the package, and set the expiration date under the Additional Options tab to a date in the past