We created this guide to help you design a reserved seating chart that best meets your needs. Reserved seat ticketing allows patrons to select their own seats using your own seating charts display.
Considerations in Reserved Seating
Managing reserved seating presents a unique set of challenges. You’ll want to consider things such as tiered pricing by section, tiered pricing by performance such as discounted matinees, and a strong multi-check system that guards against double-sold seats. ThunderTix reserved seating software incorporates all of these features into branded buyer pages with unlimited user licenses and print-at-home ticketing.
Step 1: Public Seating Chart Display
Seat purchases start with an image that shows your theater, arena, or seating in the round layout. Consider the following when considering what your patrons see:
- Is the seating chart attractive? For the best display, you’ll want to provide us with a clean copy without pencil markings and large enough (500 – 750 pixels wide is best) to view clearly.
- Is the stage location clearly marked?
- Are wheelchair seats clearly identified?
- If seat prices vary by location, are the price differences obvious? Consider changing colors between sections to indicate price changes. If you can add a color key, even better!
- Are sections labeled? Use standard labeling like Orchestra, Balcony, Stage Left, or Stage Right.
Step 2: Guide for ThunderTix Seat Creation
To create a clickable reserved seating chart, your next graphic will be similar to Step 1 but with more detailed labeling. Every seat belongs to a row or table, and each row or table belongs to one section. This clearly separates “Orchestra Row B Seat 12″ from “Stage Left Row B Seat 12″.
The detailed view of your reserved seating chart is for our use only (and even helps you!). Feel free to pencil in accurate labels, seat order or numbering, and wheel chair seating. Review the points below as you create your detailed chart:
- Are seating sections clearly labeled? It is acceptable to have a single section even if it includes aisles between seats.
- Is each row in a section uniquely identified?
- Do seat numbers accurately reflect the actual venue seats?
- If seats are odd or even numbered, make sure they are labeled as such.
- Double check that numbers are clearly labeled in ascending or descending order. To make it easier to create, you need not label individual seats. You can use any of the following ways to show the numbering:
1 => 9
1 – 9
23 – 10
- If any seat is not sold for any reason, mark it with an “X” or do not include it in the seating chart. Do make sure the space for the seat is still present for an accurate display for your buyers.
The detailed reserved seating chart pictured below provides an excellent guide for creating your own chart. In addition, this view is attractive enough to be used as your primary public chart.
Step 3: Selectable Seat Creation
Using the images provided, we create a grid of seats allowing your patrons to select seats from their desired section. Once the clickable reserved seating is completed, your event tickets can be offered for sale.
We follow suggestions set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and allow patrons requiring special wheelchair seating to select their seats as any patron would. Our reserved seating layouts include clearly labeled selectable wheelchair seats. Even hovering over a seat displays a wheelchair icon to indicate the special seating.
For reference: The ADA requirements for tickets sales may be reviewed here: http://www.ada.gov/ticketing_2010.htm
Patron seating chart displays might look similar to this:
Reserved seating chart creation is a detail oriented task, and it is important you review your seating chart before submitting it in final format. Changes to seating charts may incur additional charges.
Of course we offer our customers help in planning their seating charts and The ThunderTix support team prides itself on offering the best customer service in the industry! While our intuitive software includes documentation and FAQs, we offer superb and responsive support for any questions that arise.
ThunderTix online reserved ticketing software enables you to create your events quickly and efficiently, from any Internet connected computer. You can have your event ready in 5 minutes, and with a credit card processing account, tickets are offered for immediate sale. Should you choose to add shipping or processing fees, all money collected goes directly to you.